Learn to Meditate
"To commune daily with God in deep meditation, and to carry His love and guidance with you into all your dutiful activities, is the way that leads to permanent peace and happiness.” - Paramahansa Yogananda
Paramahansa Yogananda’s personal instructions on how to practice the science of Kriya Yoga meditation, taken from the classes he gave for more than thirty years, are presented in detail in the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons:
- Lesson Introduction Undreamed-of Possibilities -- DOWNLOAD
- Lesson Application for Home Study -- APPLY NOW
If you have not yet enrolled for the Lessons, you will find on these pages some basic instructions on how to meditate, which you can use right away to begin experiencing the peace and communion with the Divine that meditation brings.
You may visit the following page to:
- Experience a guided meditation led by an SRF monastic.
- View video clips on how to meditate (the correct posture, focusing the attention, etc.) as well as the benefits of meditation by Bro. Achalananda.
- Listen to a talk on Ways to Deepen Your Meditation by Bro. Bhaktananda.
You may visit the following page for:
- Details on the Kriya Yoga path of meditation.
- History of Kriya Yoga.
Other meditation techniques of Kriya Yoga path:
- Energization Exercises
- Hong-Sau Technique of Concentration
- Aum Technique of Meditation